1. There Was A Piñata At Most of the Birthday Parties You Went To
I’m 28 years old and I still have piñatas at my birthday party. You’re never too old to have one.
2. You know what “Raise The Flag” means
Seriously though. All restaurants should have a little flag on the table. It’s probably the best restaurant idea ever.
3. Eating Twang Pickle Salt out of your palm was a regular occurrence
My mouth is watering just looking at that picture.
4. Shortly after learning to walk, your Dad taught you how to get him a beer (and open it)
This is what your parents mean when they say “it’s time for you to start pulling your weight around here.”
5. You learned at a very young age what this means
No explanation needed. If you need one, you belong in New Jersey.
6. You learned how to two-step at Garner State Park
Summer night dances at Garner State Park should be mandatory for all Texans. It’s the first place you dance as a kid for many folks. If you did, there’s a good chance you grew up in Texas.
7. You spent your summers at a Astroworld / Fiesta Texas / Six Flags Over Texas
RIP Astroworld, but long live Six Flags. Getting your season pass when we were kids was a rite of passage.
8. Your summer wasn’t complete until you had a scoop of this
Seriously though. It’s the best ice cream in the country.
9. THIS was the only way to get Whataburger Ketchup when you were a kid
When I was a kid, you couldn’t buy Whataburger Fancy ketchup at the store. We had to walk uphill both ways in the
snow fire ants, to get it.
10. You have at least one photo your parents took of you dressed up western
Long. Live. Cowboys. (and Cowgirls)